Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tutorial: Love, Be Mine Layout

Hi everyone!  Today, I'm going to show how to make a Love Layout with mix of different elements for DT RubyThis is a first for me, to be creating a mix with these beautiful products on this wonderful design team, and I'm hooked! 
Here is the peek of layout that I made:



Here's the list of the supplies:

Sugar Candy Glitter Cardstock SC08
Mini Theme baby girl snippet MTP57
Mini Theme baby girl floral MTP71
Reminisce cardstock RE16
Reminisce quilling RE92
Reminisce trimming RE05
Mother Nature MN49
Velum Sheet FV95
Chipboard accent FNA05
Die cut baby FU22
Heart Sticker white BW46
Alphabet FNP51
Wedding Narrative BWT53
Rub ons sticker FNR26
Bella flourish bling BGN62
Ribbon Bucklez RB42



Others:
Die cut phrase “Love” and “Be Mine”
Glitter cardstock
Washi Tape
Sequins, buttons
Edger punch


Step 1. To start, I gather all the leftover products from my previous project. Using edger punch on ivory card stock, prepare paper flower quilling (Reminisce) and pearl center, and up-cycle bling packaging.



Step 2. I'm using pink polka dot (from Mini Theme Baby girl floral) as the base of my layout. Cut frame paper from Mother Nature MN49, then using 3-D foam adhesive to raise the frame.  Using Bella Narratives as my guide to print my photo (3.75"x1.8") in this case. Cut strip of vellum as shown. 


Step 3. Cut banner shape on vellum, using ruler fold  half and glue and fold again to raise the banner. 

 Step 4. Using die cut machine, cut phrase "Love" heart shape  as title.

Step 5. Ready to print out your favorite photo adhere into Bella Narratives and rub ons "husband" and "wife" on top of photo

Step 6. Layer oval shape Bella Narratives, and using 3-D foam adhesive to raise the image

Step 7. Embellish with mini alphabet, washi tape and trim


Step 8.  Fun technique to share, using back side of pencil, dab on chalk ink to make some dotty shadow.



The end result, I'm quiet happy with this.


To get one of this cute vintage key, can find it HERE




That's the wrap, I hope you enjoy this tutorial and Happy Valentine's Day!


4 comments: